University Specialist Employment Partnership (USEP)
CBS Inc. has collaborated with Flinders University, the University of Adelaide, and the National Disability Coordination Officer (NDCO) to deliver the University Specialist Employment Partnership (USEP). USEP is a national initiative hosted by the NDCO that aims to assist University graduates with a disability, to gain graduate roles post University.
Statistics show that students with a disability are 11% less likely to gain a graduate role, however by incorporating a CBS Inc. consultant into the model, we are changing that.
Through USEP, we assist students across all disciplines and with disabilities into their chosen graduate field of employment. Some of the fields CBS Inc. and USEP have placed students into include Government, Occupational Therapy, Software Development, Nursing and Social Work.
Our USEP consultant assists students in their final year or recently graduated by:
• Applications and cover letters
• Understanding the employment market and workplace
• Gaining professional development and volunteering opportunities
• Gaining placements and internships
• Disclosure –understanding their attributes and also their supports
• Advocating to employers
USEP can support employers by:
• Having exclusive access to University graduates ready to work
• Information and education about how to diversify the workplace
• Understanding how a graduate with a disability can be an asset for employers
• Facilitating workplace modifications and supports if needed
• Support – a consultant to talk assist with ongoing support
“I wanted to thank you again for all your help – it was really great knowing that I had your support (along with Flinders) for not only this application but with others too. So thank you!”- Jack, USEP participant 2020