Casual Employment Assistant/ NDIS Support Worker
(Support Worker) Port Pirie
At Beyond, making it happen! we are at an exciting growth stage as we see the demand for our NDIS supports expand at Port Pirie. If you are passionate about helping young people achieve their goals with independence and aspirations towards living an independent life, then this rewarding and fun role may be the one for you!
We are seeking applications for casual Employment Assistants/NDIS Support Workers to join our participant focussed Beyond, making it happen! team based in our Adelaide CBD office and working around the Port Pirie region.
Employment Assistant/NDIS Support Workers encourage, support and respond to different needs of our participants in order to obtain effective long-term open employment. CBS Inc. ensures our participants are given the opportunity to achieve positive outcomes such as increased social skills, independence, personal development, improved quality of life and enjoyment. You will work with participants based on their needs and pre-determined goals within a group setting and individual basis. The position may involve some high level of support and the ability to respectfully address participant behaviour with confidence if the need arises.
You will require:
- Awareness and responsiveness to the physical and emotional well-being of participants
- Ability to facilitate to a small group in a learning and inclusive environment
- Previous experience is desirable, or a drive to support people with disability/disadvantage to gain skills, confidence and succeed in employment
- Patience, understanding and ability to support participants to reach their goals
- Ability to maintain privacy, confidentiality and dignity of participants
- Work collaboratively as part of a team but also independently
- Intermediate computer skills, including the ability to type and prepare reports, emails and other written communication
- A fun and vibrant personality
- Current full driver’s licence
- Working with Children’s Check and Disability Employment Screening
- Current First Aid Certificate
Community Bridging Services (CBS) Inc. is a South Australian not-for-profit organisation celebrating over 24 years of successful service delivery in the disability employment and NDIS Supports programs, providing a holistic approach. CBS Inc. is a family-friendly employer offering employment flexibility and work-life balance, manageable caseloads, Salary Packaging and a strong focus on values.
This is a fantastic opportunity to suit an individual who is flexible and available to meet varying requirements on a casual basis
The closing date for this position is 12 October 2020 unless a suitable candidate has been found prior. Enquiries can be directed to Fi Daniel, NDIS Coordinator on 8531 0040. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to .au To find out more about CBS Inc. and to learn more about what we do within the community, please visit our website www.communitybridgingservices.org.au
“I enjoy that every day is different and that staff work as a team. It makes me very happy to see participants achieve their goals and develop their skills and abilities. CBS Inc. has a good team environment where everyone works together to support participants in the best way possible. CBS Inc. provides a wide range of training for all staff and supports a healthy work-life balance. I really enjoy working here and look forward to what the future brings”. Merv Chapman, Senior Programs Officer
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified of the application outcome.
“CBS Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on our diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply”
View the Position Description: Employment Assistant