Australia’s workforce is constantly changing to prepare for and respond to our future economic, environmental and social goals. Increasingly, employers need to consider accessing a diverse range of skilled and talented people.
We want to help your business thrive and give people with a disability the opportunity to contribute to our economic future.
People with a disability are often characterised by a high degree of dedication and commitment to their role. Employers can access valuable employees who are reliable, skilled and have a great attitude and desire to work when they employ people with a disability.
People with a disability bring a range of skills, talents and abilities to the workplace. They work in all sorts of jobs and hold a range of tertiary and trade qualifications. Some hold senior managerial positions, while others are employed in customer service, manual or technical jobs.
The majority of employers who have hired someone with a disability can testify to the benefits of doing so. However, if you have not recruited or worked with staff with a disability, you might be unsure how to go about it.
Our Jobnet Employment Program provides businesses with:
- a free staff recruitment service
- education and training for our clients
- assistance with awards and job descriptions
- insured work trials
- on-the-job support
- ongoing support to our clients if needed
- free disability awareness training in the workplace
- personal development support to our clients
- wage subsidies in the first six months of employment.