I want a job to get my own money, to save up and buy a new computer and new house with a new dog (!)
Charlie school2work participant
school2work Supports are individualised supports that can help you develop your interests, discover your strengths and work towards your future employment goals!
Creating opportunities for school leavers to gain open employment.
school2work Supports are individualised supports that can help you develop your interests, discover your strengths and work towards your future employment goals! school2work Supports:
- deliver practical training to help you prepare for life after school
- help you make more informed decisions about your career path
- give you the flexibility to undertake a work experience placement in open employment (and/or supported employment if suitable)
- help you develop the social skills needed for work and to be connected in your community.
Work readiness activities
Covers all aspects of looking and preparing for work including resume writing, interview preparation, job searching, work place numeracy and literacy.
Independent living skills training
Helps you to learn how to live independently. Includes developing skills in home management and other life skills for transitioning from school.
You will participate in work experience placement/s trialling different tasks and responsibilities.
Focus on creating an individualised program and pathway to meet your employment goals. Follow-up sessions review your progress.
Out and about
Transport training and work trials are facilitated including a variety of work place visits and attending expos.
Budgeting and finance management
Learn how to budget and manage your money.
school2work Supports can be provided for up to two years:
- divided into four modules
- running Monday – Friday over 3 or 4 days
- up to 48 weeks per year.
Times may vary depending on individual supports and employer requirements during work trials.
Who can access these supports?
16 – 21 year olds who:
- have an NDIS package with School
Leavers Employment Support (SLES) funding
- have an NDIS package with funding for ‘assistance with finding and keeping a job’, ‘improving learning, social and community participation’, ‘improving relationships’.
If you do not have an NDIS package but are interested in this Support, please contact us for a quote.
Do I need a referral?
To access these Supports you need to have an NDIS plan (unless you are self-funding).
school2work Supports are delivered as modules in small groups, 1:1 and through work experience.