Community Bridging Services (CBS) Inc. Art Competition
CBS Inc. school2work Supports is investing in the future of young people with disabilities by purchasing a dedicated space to run our supports. To mark the opening of our new venue at 147 Pirie Street, CBS Inc. is launching a State wide Art Competition with the theme of:
“Life after school for a person with a disability.”
This competition will provide young people with disability the opportunity to participate in a creative art project. The competition aims to develop understanding and empathy of the barriers students with a disability face on a daily basis.
Spread the word about this competition by printing and displaying the flyer (PDF 536KB)
- The winners of the following categories will be awarded at the school2work event: 7:00pm on 22 November 2019.
CBS Inc. Prize: $200
Teachers Choice Prize: $200
3 x Encouragement Awards: $50 each
(CBS Inc. will have the option to negotiate purchase of winning entries).
- Following the competition, all art will be displayed at our Bearded Dragon Gallery. The public will be invited to nominate for the:
People’s Choice Award: $200
The competition is open to South Australian students enrolled in government, Catholic and Independent schools in years 10, 11 and 12 (or others under 20 years old) who identify as having a disability.
Student/beginner entrants may not have been enrolled in a post-high school art program for more than six years and may not have pursued art on their own or in workshops/lessons for more than six years.
Recognition for entrants
Entrants work will be exhibited in a special exhibition in the Bearded Dragon Gallery located in Gays Arcade, Adelaide from 19 November 2019 – 14 February 2020. During the exhibition, votes for the People’s Choice Award can be made by the general public – a great opportunity to visit the gallery and see all the art work from the competition.
Submissions are to be via the form below:
Media includes: Oil, oil pastel, soft pastel, charcoal, graphite, ink, coloured pencil, watercolour, casein, gouache, acrylic, digital art, mixed media (all water media or oil based media); silver or other metal point, collage; mixed media collage; handmade paper; wax and other crayons on paper or board; printmaking (etching, mezzotint, lithography, woodcut, monotype, mono print, aquatint).Photography, with the exception of minor elements incorporated in a collage, will not be considered. Sculpture will not be considered. Employees of Community Bridging Services Inc., and their immediate families are not eligible.
- Limit of one entry (One piece) per student
- Each submission must be accompanied by the student entry and declaration form.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
Entries will be judged by a panel on:
- knowledge and understanding of diversity
- creative use chosen media
- evidence of original expression.
Wonderful! You have decided you will enter the competition. Please let us know by completing the Entry form (link below) and emailing this to us at ASAP (if you want to talk it over with us first, please call 8232 6801
- Create a work of art, ready to be hung, with the theme:
“Life after school for a person with disability.”
- Please ensure you include a valid email address as we will use this to contact you if your artwork is shortlisted
- Deliver your artwork with a hard copy of entry form firmly attached to the School2Work office at 208, 147 Pirie Street Adelaide.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. Entry is via Internet only and is open to South Australian residents only.
2. On entering this competition, entrants licence the Promoter (Community Bridging Services (CBS) Inc.) to use the Entry Content across its channels in any manner the Promoter wishes (including modifying, adapting, copying, publishing, broadcasting or communicating the entry, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all), by way of all media, in perpetuity, without payment to the entrant (of royalties, compensation or otherwise). Once submitted, no changes to or withdrawal of an entry will be permitted. Entries not collected from the Gallery by 24 February 2019 will not be returned by the Promoter.
3. By entering this Promotion, the entrant: (a) consents to any dealings with their Entry Content that may otherwise infringe their moral rights in an entry; (b) agrees not to assert any moral rights (wherever and whenever such rights are recognised) in respect of their entry or publicity materials containing any part of their entry, against the Promoter, its assigns, licensees and successors in title; and (c) undertakes to the Promoter that their entry is not in breach of any third party intellectual property rights.
4. Entrants (and their companions, as relevant) may be required by the Promoter to participate in photo, recording, video or film session(s), and they grant the right to use such publicity materials in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) to the Promoter to use in any manner it sees fit.
5. Any costs associated with accessing the promotional sites or channels remain the responsibility of each entrant and are dependant on the Internet service provider. Any details entered incorrectly shall be deemed invalid and may result in an ineligible entry.
6. Entry is free and open to anyone who fulfils the entry criteria. The directors, management and employees of the Promoter, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion.
7. To qualify for the draw, entrants must enter via the website during the promotion period. To enter, participants must:
- Enter a valid email address
- Enter their complete name
- Answer the competition requirements in the guidelines set
8. Entrants release the Social Media Platform(s) and its/their associated companies from all liability arising in respect of the Promotion and acknowledge that: (a) the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Social Media Platform; (b) any information provided by the entrant in connection with the Promotion is provided to the Promoter and not to any Social Media Platform; and (c) any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion will be directed to the Promoter, not to any Social Media Platform.
9. Entrants must be aged 16 or over and can only enter in their own name. If relevant entrants must have parental/guardian permission.
10. Only one entry per person is permitted.
11. The promotional period commences on Sunday 30 June 2019 at 5pm.
12. The winning entries will be those that meet the entry criteria and are deemed to best represent the Community Bridging Services (CBS) Inc. culture and values. The selection of the winning entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The winner will be notified via email.
14. It is the responsibility of the winner/s to contact Community Bridging Services (CBS) Inc. to redeem their prize. If they do not make contact within 24 hours of notification the prize will be awarded to the next runner up.
15. In the event that the winner/s is ineligible or unable to accept the prize in accordance with these terms and conditions the prize will be offered to the next runner up.
16. The results of the draw will be published on the Community Bridging Services (CBS) Inc. website and Social Media platforms.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide identity, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity. Proof of identification, and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoters.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to validate and check the authenticity of any prize claim or entry before awarding a prize.
19. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or any technical error, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
20. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. If entrants do not consent to social media handles being retained by the Promoter for the purposes of contacting the winners they should not enter.
21. The Promoter and its related bodies corporate, contractor and agencies associated with this Promotion will not be liable for any loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including without limitation that caused by any person’s negligence) relating to this Promotion or the awarding or redemption of any prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).
22. Entry content must not include:
- Any content that in the Promoter’s opinion contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is obscene, offensive, potentially defamatory, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which may include, without limitation, content involving nudity, malice, violence or swearing); and
- Any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other content in which copyright subsists. The content must be an original work of the entrant.
23. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any written directions under State or Territory legislation.
24. These terms & conditions are subject to change without notice.
25. The first prize includes: $200 cash
26. Traders (Promoter’s) name and address: Community Bridging Services (CBS) Inc., Level 10 147 Pirie Street Adelaide, South Australia.