Internal & External
NDIS Senior Recreation Officer
Choices® CBS programs are seeking an energetic NDIS Senior Recreation Officer to join our dynamic team on a full-time permanent basis. You will be required to work across various CBS Inc. programs including “Socialize”, a recreation group for younger people with disability and our high support needs “Coastal” groups. As NDIS Senior Recreation Officer, you will be providing moderate to high support to adults with a disability including people who have complex needs. You must be reliable, motivated, demonstrate a high level of initiative and model the values and attitudes consistent with the Community Bridging Services (CBS) Inc. philosophy. This is a predominately ‘hands-on’ role and personal care will be involved.
Your duties will be:
- Delivering services designed to maintain and develop pre-vocational, recreational and community development skills to improve quality of life
- Ensuring services are tailored to individual needs, strengths and interests in line with NDIS plans
- Leading and mentoring staff performance including involvement with supporting staff, training, recruitment and performance management
- Writing case notes, service agreements and conduct other NDIS administrative requirements
- Marketing and promoting CBS Inc. NDIS activities to key stakeholders
- Working within the legislative requirements of the NDIS including restrictive practices and reportable incidents
- Budgeting programs to achieve surplus
You will require:
- A genuine interest and empathy in working with people with disability
- Energy and a sense of humour
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate administration and computer skills
- Understanding of person-centred care
- Able to maintain privacy, confidentiality and dignity of participants
- Experience in support work (essential) and in program development, delivery and review
- Certificate III in a related area or higher or relevant experience
- Current Full Driver’s Licence
- NDIS Worker Check (or current DHS Disability Services Employment Screening, DHS Working with Children Check/DHS Child-Related Services Screening)
- Current First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Current Manual Handling Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module
Community Bridging Services (CBS) Inc. is a South Australian not-for-profit organisation celebrating over 24 years providing a holistic approach of successful service delivery in disability employment, recreation and Social Enterprise. CBS Inc. is a family-friendly employer offering employment flexibility and work-life balance, attractive Salary Packaging options and a strong focus on values.
The closing date for this position is 5:00 pm Monday, 1st March 2021 unless a suitable candidate has been found prior to this date. Please direct inquires to Lynn Feeney, Choices® CBS Coordinator on (08) 8201 4322. Applications including a resume and cover letter can be submitted to . To find out more about CBS Inc. and view our current employment opportunities, please visit Careers on our website https://communitybridgingservices.org.au/.
“I enjoy that every day is different at CBS Inc. and that staff work as a team. It makes me very happy to see participants achieve their goals and develop their skills and abilities. CBS Inc. has a good team environment where everyone works together to support participants in the best way possible. “
Merv Chapman, Senior NDIS Program Officer.
CBS Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on our diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.