Employment Officer (DES)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated and motivated team player to join our Kilkenny office. Reporting to the Jobnet Coordinator, you will work within a supportive team where you will be provided with ongoing training and opportunities to build your career path. This position will be offered on a full-time permanent basis in our modern and conveniently located office in Armada Arndale Shopping Centre.
This role presents a rewarding opportunity to make a difference by supporting clients with a disability, injury, or medical condition to find open employment by focusing on their strengths and interests and improving their vocational and community independence skills.
Your duties will be:
- Pre-employment preparation and arranging training for clients
- Building rapport and motivating clients to reach their employment goals
- Identifying vocational and non-vocational interventions to address barriers, e.g. organising work placement, volunteer work and education
- Liaising with client’s health professionals for support with employment plan
- Job search, reverse market and cold calling to develop partnerships with employers and local businesses to promote CBS Inc. services with the aim of creating job opportunities
- Managing a caseload of clients with varying levels of complexity and engagement levels, utilising a strengths-based approach
- Responsible for ensuring client compliance and accountability in meeting mutual obligation requirements
- Supporting clients to maintain their employment through post-placement/ongoing support
- Meeting required Key Performance Indicator (KPI) outcomes
You will require:
- DCSI Child Related Employment Screening or DHS Working with Children Check
- Current Driver’s Licence
- First Aid Certificate
- Understanding and empathy for people with a disability, injury and/or medical condition
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to demonstrate and maintain high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethics.
- Self-motivated and work well within a team environment with a can do attitude
- Flexibility to meet varying demands of the role, with some out of hours work required from time to time
- Ability to develop professional networks within the community and with employers
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to build and maintain strong relationships and conflict resolution skills
- Experience working in Employment Services or Community Service would be highly advantageous
- Experience in retail or sales would be well regarded along with excellent customer service
Community Bridging Services (CBS) Inc. is a South Australian not-for-profit organisation celebrating over 24 years of successful service delivery in disability employment and NDIS Supports, providing a holistic approach. CBS Inc. is a family-friendly employer offering employment flexibility and work-life balance, manageable caseloads, Salary Packaging and a strong focus on values.
If you hold a genuine desire to make a difference and want to surround yourself with like-minded, talented individuals who strive to do the same, then apply now.
The closing date for this position is 22nd February 2021 unless a suitable candidate has been found prior to this date. Please direct enquiries to Aaron Morony, Jobnet Coordinator on (08) 8440 5600. Applications including a resume and cover letter can be submitted to . To find out more about CBS Inc. and what we do within the community, please visit our website www.communitybridgingservices.org.au.
“I am constantly inspired by what we can do for our clients, and the quality of life we help them achieve. The staff are dedicated and passionate about the clients and staff they work with. Community Bridging Services (CBS) Inc. have been incredibly accommodating and supportive in allowing me to balance my work, study requirements and home life.”
Megan Walkley, Employment Officer
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified of the application outcome.
“CBS Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on our diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply”